I happened to stumble upon this on the web as I was searching to find some additional information on Amish newspapers. Sadly, I thought this was a bit interesting, in a funny way.
2026 NCTE Leadership Award Recipients Exemplify Excellence in English
Language Arts Education
-
National Council of Teachers of English honors several accomplished members
for shaping the future of literacy and language arts through …
The post 2026 ...
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
So is this Pennsylvania Dutch that the lady is translating? I think that's the other language most of Amish can speak. They include English words in this language as well, so Pennsylvania Dutch may be a pidgeon or creole.
I bet this language confusion just adds to the problems the Amish have reading in school and becoming literate.
Justin--Did you check what language they are using in the video? Some of the words, for example "haus," are German. Nut other words like "Gaul" are neither German nor Dutch but a breed of horse. Also, can you confirm the source of this video?
Post a Comment